[AT] Having a little fun

Mike M meulenms at gmx.com
Mon Jan 4 08:23:48 PST 2016

Brad, I have one made by Stihl, and love it; it has saved my face and
head several times.  The mesh doesn't fog up like safety glasses, and
the built in hearing protection makes it easy to just grab one piece of
safety gear. I can appreciate having them especially with the shag-bark
hickory; nice firewood, not so nice to cut. I use the helmet for weed
whipping to.
Last month I was cutting a fallen leaner Ash tree, I didn't notice a
smaller tree pinned underneath one of it's branches. When I cut the Ash
it freed the pinned tree, it  hit me squarely on top of my head, pushing
the helmet down so the sweat band was over my eyes. If I hadn't had that
helmet on, I would have had a nice goose egg at best.

Mike M