[AT] I found a historical or hysterical photo

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Tue Feb 16 20:59:43 PST 2016

I think my wife took the picture with her camera.   She met us East of
Cincinnati as I remember and we headed toward you place the next
morning.  I certainly remember that it was snowing every time I
stopped.  On the morning of last day I woke up at 4am at the Holiday Inn
near Rolla MO and disconnected the governor on that quadrajet
carburetor, then with the help of the fellow in the picture with long
jacket, I lengthened the throttle rod so that I could really get the
throttle wide open.  ( This next statement is the truth.:  I had a dream
during that night, and remembered how to disconnect the governor!!! )
The truck had a 427 chevy engine with an RTO913 13spd overdrive
transmission.   It would do 100mph with that governor disconnected.   It
actually got better mileage.  We increased our average speed from 40mph
for the last 32 days to 65 mph from Rolla to Oklahoma City!!   Needless
to say those back barrels on that quadrajet started working when I
crossed the border into Oklahoma!!!  It really was a sweet running truck...

A couple of years later, we were in the start of the drought, and were
experiencing a lot pasture fires.   I started working on the truck to
get the water tanks connected and the pump connected to the front drive
of the motor.  While it was up on blocks/ramps next to the shop, my Dad
hit the front tire with the loader on the 4010 and knocked the truck off
the blocks and tore a big hole in the front tire.   A replacement tire
was going to cost a small fortune, and there it still sits.

A couple of years ago I bought 2 fire trucks from the town of
Piedmont.   One was their first truck, a 64 F-750 with a 293 V-8 with a
1000 gallon tank and no pump due to some scavengers.   The other was a
73 Mack tilt cab with a 1000 gallon tank a Maxidyne engine, and an
automatic transmission.

in late 2009 I got the Ford LT9000 with the 3406B Cat and 12Spd Spicer
Transmission.  I built a hydraulic motor and control to run the 40000lb
winch to run off the hydraulic system it had to dump a trailer..

I guess this was a ramble to your ramble.....

Cecil in OKla