[AT] I found a historical or hysterical photo

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 07:55:52 PST 2016

Running a bit slow reading my email...
This calls for a loose ramble.
Yeah Cecil, that had to be around 15 years ago or a little more. My mother
was still living in the bigger house (behind the firetruck and the
buildings) and I was still living in the smaller house we put up in 1976. I
moved to the bigger house after I had to put mom in an assisted living
facility and she was there for several years and died in 2007. One of our
daughters now lives in the smaller house. She and her husband operate a
kind of unusual contracting business (I should elaborate on that later)
 and  they have remodeled it quite a bit  to fit their needs.
Looking at the picture, both of those dogs and that old blue truck have all
long since passed on.  :-)
I had bought that 1983 F-150 truck from one of Diana's younger brothers
after it had started running very badly and making a constant clattering
noise as it ran. He was trying to sell it not running for $225 and it was
not selling. He was ready to send it to a scrap yard and in those days they
would have maybe given him about $60 for it if they hauled it. I had looked
at it and it had 4 nearly new tires on it. I knew he needed the money so I
gave him the $225 for it. I pulled the valve cover (300 CID straight 6) and
all that was wrong was that one of the rocker arm studs had slipped out of
its socket and the rocker was banging around in there. I fixed that and
used it for several years before selling it.
I too had been following The Great Firetruck Adventure and enjoyed being a
part of it even if the visit had to be brief.  I'm guessing that my wife
must have snapped that picture with your camera Cecil?