[AT] Torch kit

Greg Hass ghass at m3isp.com
Sat Feb 13 15:50:01 PST 2016

I don't know enough to comment on the torch brands as I can't even
remember what brand I have, but I can tell you about my experience with
tanks. I bought my torch kit at a local auto parts store. I also leased
a set of tanks. I don't remember the length of the lease but during that
time the company was sold 4 times. Each time it was sold, more of the
records were lost. Finally, toward the end I went in for new tanks and
was told I would have to prove I had a good lease in order to get more
gas. The auto parts store convinced them to give me another set of
refills until they could sort out the problems with the records. Well, I
had the tanks for about ten months and get a bill with $400 in late
charges. Well, I hit the roof and called the new leasing company where I
got a woman with an attitude. She got nasty so I just told her that it
was not my fault most of the records had been lost. I also told her I
knew of 6 other people who had tanks from them and I was going to tell
them to bury their tanks and not return them because 1) her company did
not know who they were to charge late fees and 2) it would be cheaper to
bury them than return them and face $400. She said that wouldn't be
right and I told her what she was doing was not right. In the end I
agreed to return the tanks and pay a 1 month late fee in   return for a
paper saying all accounts paid in full. I then went to a local welding
supply store and bought my tanks plus I later bought 2 Argon tanks. I
have not had a problem since plus the cost to buy the tanks was about
the same as the lease cost. I realize everywhere is different but am
just saying what happened to me.
            Greg Hass