[AT] Rock Falls, IL

Grant Brians sales at heirloom-organic.com
Wed Dec 21 17:17:56 PST 2016

The loss of local mills and elevators and other agricultural
infrastructure is a real loss. I hope that we can help that loss not
occur as a force for recognition of the value of the history of our
country (whichever country each list member is in whether the USA or
Canada or Australia or Uruguay or).... Here in California most of the
state would not have had a mill that was water operated as our
eco-system is not set up for that. But there are/were other power
sources. I bought a corn sheller a couple of years ago for our popcorn
that we grow - old enough that it was hand powered! Actually, the seed
cleaner is currently hand powered too - 1911 vintage Clipper.
                Grant Brians - Hollister,California farmer of
vegetables, edible flowers, herbs, nuts and fruit