[AT] Rock Falls, IL

John Hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Mon Dec 19 14:07:56 PST 2016

    30"??? you got troubles! Can the picker and M be narrowed up? If not
you better start hunting a planter NOW before spring price surges take
effect. It took me 3 years to find a 4 row--wound up with an IH 800. If
you just want to play, you could do it with a 1 row planter.
  Seriously,  do you realize how much modern corn you can pick off 5-10
acres?  Trust me when I say it will be a lot if you get rain--way more
than the old timers used to. I don't know about down your way but there
is considerable market for "deer corn".  There are some guys that are
really serious about it, moving a lot of volume.

John

On 12/18/2016 11:54 PM, Al Jones wrote:
> Yeah the great irony is all our corn is on 30" rows.  I would like to
> find 5-10 acres close by I could "play" on!
>
> Al
>
> On Sun, Dec 18, 2016 at 1:54 PM, John Hall <jtchall at nc.rr.com> wrote:
>> Sounds to me like you need to get a corn planter ready first! I'm
>> predicting we'll be seeing pics from eastern NC this fall of an M with a
>> 2 row picker hard at it in a corn field! Have a safe trip!
>>
>> John Hall
>>
>> On 12/18/2016 12:45 PM, Al Jones wrote:
>>>    Any members near Rock Falls, IL?  I lost my mind and bought a nice M
>>> Farmall from a collector up there.  A friend of mine with a gooseneck
>>> and I are thinking about going up maybe this week to pick it up.  I
>>> have been watching the weather forecast and it looks like it's going
>>> to be dry this week but COLD. Since they got snow over the weekend was
>>> wondering what the main roads/interstates are like, us NC guys don't
>>> navigate well in snow/ice!  I really don't want to have to let it sit
>>> there till spring......
>>>
>>> thanks,
>>> Al