[AT] Speaking of Stuck

Don don.bowen at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 16 10:16:36 PST 2016

We had a pit silo located just near a little creek that ran through the
farm in an area that had been a feed lot for maybe since the farm was
started in the early 1800s..  The area just below the silo was often wet
under the surface in spring but felt solid on the surface.  One spring
my father took the pickup around to load the last of the silage when he
got stuck.  He took the Ferguson around to pull the pickup but stuck
that.  Next was the farms other tractor a MM UBU D and that was soon
stuck.    Then out came the farm truck to be added to the mess.    The
family car was to next but my mother put a stop to that.

He was able to take to car to where my uncle was doing some earth work
not far away.  The D6 and a long length of cable solved the problem.
Trouble they stuck me with dragging the cable through the cold mud and
digging out chains.

--
Don Bowen       --AD0NB--