[AT] 6 to 12 volt starter conversion--splitting tricycles

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Mon Dec 12 16:27:08 PST 2016

On 12/12/2016 5:30 PM, Brian VanDragt wrote:
> The John Deere manuals that I have seen show them using some fancy splitting stands made by OTC (Owatonna Tool Company) which are adjustable for different tractors and have wheels.
>
> Brian
When we split the Super 90 Massey some years ago to replace a hydraulic
pump it was not a bad job.
Being a wide front axle we just had to put blocks on top of the axle
each side to stop the engine from tilting
to either side once split. Blocked up the back of the engine.  I can't
even remember what we used as a counter
balance for leverage on the back of the tractor to roll the rear section
back but we did it, and on a dirt floor
shed too. Three man job as I recall.

Ralph in Sask.