[AT] Battery Charger recommendations

Mike M meulenms at gmx.com
Tue Apr 26 10:59:15 PDT 2016

You can still buy high wattage incandescent bulbs, I just ordered some
300 watt bulbs for our barn. The CFL's take too long to warm up and are
dangerous in my opinion, I have witnessed them burning and burning brown
by the base. Not good in a barn with dry wood and hay. I'll eventually
make the transition to LED's but right now I can't find one that is
affordable that will throw the lumens the 300 watt one will. I have
noticed that cost of them is dropping like a stone. They should have
known only early adopters would pay $40 a bulb.

Mike M

On 4/26/2016 1:33 PM, Stephen Offiler wrote:
> I needed to refresh my memory.  What I already said, regarding the halogen,
> is solid info; but what I had failed to recall was that there were some
> loopholes built into the legislation.  The two best examples are three-way
> bulbs and "rough-service" bulbs - they are still legal.  However, a
> straight-up old school 100 watt incandescent is simply not legal, and that
> legislation has phased in restrictions all the way down to 40 watts now.
>
> SO
>

> On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 11:15 AM, charlie hill <charliehill at embarqmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Steve,  I'll look at one, in fact I might buy one just to break it and see
>> but
>> I'm 99% sure what the guy is selling is a Chinese made incandescent bulb.
>>
>> Charlie

>>> then
>>> 75 and then 60 or so I was told.  GE's plants in Goldsboro, NC (near me)