[AT] Tesla Factory (OT)

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Mon Apr 25 12:01:36 PDT 2016

Henry,  I'll accept the 30 minute recharge to 80% but what if
someone else is recharging when you get there and what if others
are in line?  Also,  I don't really like for the gas tank in my truck to
get much below half a tank and I can still drive 200 miles on that half.
I can't imagine being on the road in a car that has to be recharged at
a limited number of recharge stations and having to worry about getting to
the next one.

Don't mis-understand.  I think Tesla is a fine machine.  I just don't think
it's
practical.  Don't forget that electric cars were tried before gasoline and
failed.
Sure the technology is greatly improved but so is liquid fuel technology. In
the
end a Kilowatt is a kilowatt (hp is a hp) no matter how it is fed and every
time
you have to change one fuel source to another one along the way results in
lost energy.  The whole issue is about fuel portability.  Right now, and I
suspect
for a long time to come, liquid petroleum fuels will be the most efficient
all things
considered. (including government subsidies paid for with your taxes)

Charlie