[AT] Lawn tractor

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Mon Apr 18 14:21:04 PDT 2016

I would check the fuel lines and the tank for something that might plug
the flow of fuel.  Also look at the need and seat and see if something
is under the seat or if there is a screen in the carburetor between the
fitting and the seat.  Next I would check the valve lash and set it at a
couple of thousandths greater than the specs.   What fuel are you
using.  I only use premium no lead 91 octane.   This might be your only
problem.   The spark might be weakening also, the condenser may be
breaking down.
I once worked with a motorcycle trail racer.  His philosophy when a
machine came in was to immediately rebuild the carb and all ignition
components.  He said he could rebuild it all before he could do the
diagnostics on it.   The guy could rebuild a carburetor and the ignition
in less than 30 minutes.  He won a lot of races....

Cecil in OKla