[AT] Need help no internet connection

Steve W. swilliams268 at frontier.com
Thu Apr 7 09:22:30 PDT 2016

Ron Cook wrote:
> A  few months ago I downloaded a file from filezilla and I can no longer
> use that computer.  Constantly pops up various windows that cannot be
> closed.  Cecil may have a different thing going on, but you will never
> find me going to that filezilla site again.  I could not go back to
> restore as my HD has bad areas.  That hard drive will be replaced.  Most
> of my important files were backed up, thankfully.
>
> Ron Cook
> Salix, IA

Ron, If you have another machine there are a few things you might try
first.
Download copies of Spybot and MalwareBytes. Both can be set up to run
off a bootable USB stick.
Run them and let them kill the infection. Should enable you to run the
machine enough to get any other needed files.

--
Steve W.