[AT] Discharge Chains

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Fri Apr 1 19:10:07 PDT 2016

On 4/1/2016 2:30 PM, tmehrkam at sbcglobal.net wrote:
> I always liked to connect a chain or wire to a spark plug wire and wait for someone to come over and lean against the Truck.
> :-}
> Do this at your own risk. Some folks will take exception to this.
I would be one of those people. I'm extremely sensitive to electric
shocks. Static electricity in our dry winters drives me nuts in the house.
Walk across the floor in socks and the first metal thing I touch sends a
shock right into my fingernail. Good way to spill a cup of coffee.
Bad when getting out of a vehicle too , especially wearing nylon jackets.
I remember, as a kid, getting a jolt off an old Ford flathead
accidentally brushing against a spark plug wire while it was running.
Whatever was in my hand
went flying across the yard.
Combining peas is one crop where static buildup of dust on hot engine
parts has contributed to fires. Some years worse than others but it is
just one more reason I'll never grow peas.

Ralph in Sask.