[AT] de-greasing disc brakes

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Thu Sep 24 14:53:05 PDT 2015

Ralph, Deere brakes are a pain as well. First you can't get them tight
enough and then they are too tight. Back in the 60's My dad and Uncle had
the same thing happen to them on a Deere 55, brakes were dragging going down
the highway, had to adjust them on the side of the road. Back when I got my
55 in the early 90's I had to play around quite a bit to get the brakes
working properly. Eventually I had to open them up and clean everything up,
worked much better after that.

On a side note, anybody here ever have farm equipment with mechanical disc
brakes that actually worked like they were supposed to for more than just a
couple seasons? The only thing we ever had here with them were Deere
combines, and a DC Case. Dad despised IH tractors that used them.

My plan is to try to get a toaster oven Fri. so I can see what cooks out of
these Sat.

John Hall