[AT] Front quick attach snow blade

Stephen Offiler soffiler at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 07:31:10 PDT 2015

I agree with Jason's comments.

I have a Worksaver clamp-on snow plow.  I was forced to the clamp-on style
because my work tractor does not have the quick-attach loader bucket.
Picture (not my tractor) attached.

The plow ends up far ahead of the front wheels, which can be a problem if
you are trying to push snow with the blade angled.  That distance from the
front wheels is like a cheater bar; in other words, it is mechanical
advantage to push the front wheels sideways.  This season, I am putting
chains on the fronts (already have chains for the rears).

Also, echoing Jason, the FEL arms aren't really designed for side-loads.

In addition, my loader cutting edge is somewhat worn and thinned, and that
slotted arrangement where the plow mounts to the loader puts a lot of
stress on the cutting edge.   Mine cracked, in fact.

Final comment, the heavy winter of '14-'15 in the Northeast (we set a bunch
of records) was too much for my work tractor, which is a 23HP Ford/NH 1520
HST.  I found I did not have enough HP to get the speed I needed to
actually throw the snow off the angled blade and get it out of the way.  As
winter progressed, high snowbanks formed, and I was forced to remove the
clamp-on blade so I could use the loader to move those banks back.  It was
very time-consuming with my 1100' of driveway.  But, then, if I had a
higher HP tractor and more speed to throw the snow, along with that comes
higher side-forces on those loader arms.

SO