[AT] Charlie Hill,

Cecil R Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Tue Oct 6 05:52:22 PDT 2015

Charlie:
Something you might consider in the tree removal, all the guys that do
the climbing are YOUNG!  I am having a terrible time coming to grips
with the fact that I cannot do what I could only 3 years ago....    I
can't get out of the way fast enough when things go south!!  I grew up
doing many tasks that were considered dangerous without getting hurt for
2 reasons.   1. I was careful and thought ahead about what could go
wrong. ( That was drilled into me by my Dad )  2. I could jump out of
the way quickly for 250 lbs and 6'1".
Now, I have to have something to hold onto when I get close to moving
equip or handling livestock....

Cecil in OKla

On 10/5/2015 3:34 PM, charlie hill wrote:
> Nice tree Richard.  I know you hated to loose it but at least
> you have some wood to remember it by.
>
> This tree is solid.  The problem is that it's about half way between
> the house and the bank of the river.  There is a "cliff" for lack of
> a better term about 20 feet high that drops off almost straight into
> the river.  I believe that the trees proximity to that "cliff" is causing
> the tap root and feeder roots to give way on the side toward the river
> and lean toward the house.  The tree was straight up as an arrow
> when we moved here 30 some years ago.  Now it is leaning significantly
> and the top of the tree is curved as it attempts to look straight up to the
> sky.
>
> Charlie

>>> now.  The way it is situated it can not be safely cut and thrown.  It
>>> will