[AT] How can they farm like that

Don don.bowen at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 21 07:28:33 PST 2015

On 11/21/2015 7:39 AM, Indiana Robinson wrote:
> On dished wheel tractors like this I always sat the wheels out for
> cultivating row crops by switching sides but some guys just flipped them
> around one side at a time. I knew several that said that they didn't have a
> jack big enough to lift the whole back of the tractor at once.

We switched side to side on the Ferguson for spraying and cultivating.
My father also put fluid in the tires.  He would take one wheel off and
lean it against the tree then take the other wheel and put it in the
other side.  One year while trying to set the first wheel up to roll it
he slipped and the tire pinned him against the tree.  He was stuck until
my mother called someone to come help.  Luckily no serious injuries.

--
Don Bowen       --AD0NB--