[AT] Hey Ralph!

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sat Nov 21 17:28:13 PST 2015

On 11/21/2015 7:03 AM, charlie hill wrote:
> Flax must hold very well in the field.  Of course you don't have
> the humidity we have here but we don't have the winds and snow you have.
> It just seems to me like the snow would knock it flat on the ground.
> There's no doubt in my mind you know how to handle it.  I'm just curious
> about how farming happens in different places.
>
> Good luck with it.
>
> Charlie
This flax is already in the swath so no worries of it breaking down in
the snow. I actually left a few acres out
over last winter and it stood up pretty well except for some of the flax
seeds pods breaking off.
Now if I had left the crop standing this fall I might have stood a
better chance of harvesting it yet before
real winter. Now that it lies on the ground in the swath there is not
much hope. What little snow we had
was blown into the swaths and they lie on frozen mud now. The deer and
moose will feed on it this
winter no doubt.

Ralph in Sask.