[AT] Hey Ralph!

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Fri Nov 20 15:02:05 PST 2015

I couldn't imagine doing that much farming alone, with modern equipment,
located on 1 farm with on farm storage--and I'm 30 years younger! I can't
see how he makes any money, the losses must be astounding.

In regards to quick turnaround, here soybeans behind wheat and wheat behind
soybeans are often harvested the same day or the next. Usually works well,
until you get a year like this one. I imagine there will be a lot of wheat
unplanted.

I actually saw a grain dryer going up the road last week. I haven't heard of
an operating grain dryer around here (I'm talking the batch dryers you can
tow around if needed) in over 20 years. This one looked to be fairly new,
about 500 bu.
The one we had was 3-350bu capacity. It would sometimes run 12-15 hrs a day.
Fuel was cheap back in the early 70's!

John