[AT] Compact tractors

Herb Metz metz-h.b at comcast.net
Mon Nov 16 09:14:43 PST 2015

Warren,
Don't get around much any more; so had to google Nortrac.
There are some benefits to 'restored common tractors'; only problem being
finding one, especially with front wheel assist.  Don't know what JD, IHC,
and lessers offered;  AC only had a 6000 series where FWA was optional, so
parts availability may become a concern there.  After AC demise in 1985,
AGCO became eventual owner and they are not very interested in AC parts
manufacture.  Suggest monitoring various forums if you decide to consider a
used tractor.  One of the problems 'used'  do not have is "too much blankety
electronics"; that comes from a Kubota owner of several years who was not
getting much sympathy or assistance from the local dealer when I was
shopping for a gin pole. The guys tractor was out in the woods (where he
could not get at it to retrieve it) and he was needing to know what all
electronics he could check  to determine what was keeping it from even
attempting to start. Unfortunately, this was not the first such occurrence.
On a side note, the Cumming, GA tractor show (Nov 13 & 14) had a restored
1958 Ford with F.W. Assist ; a local guy found it in Minnesota.  According
to previous owner, Dodge Power Wagon had a contract with Ford; primary
purpose was logging.  Today it has a soft future as a good looking trailer
queen.
Herb(GA)