[AT] OT - laptop hard drive

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Tue Nov 10 15:41:47 PST 2015

I too would recommend blowing out the inside of the laptop and verify that the fan(s) are running
properly. In 8 years I suspect you will be totally surprised at how much dust and lint has built up in
various places and on heat sinks. The symptoms you are reporting are often a result of overheating.
There is a software package that will provide temperature readings of the internals if your computer
has those sensors.  I use "real temp 3.70" on my desktop to check the temperature at the various
sensors within the unit.  I have never used that on a lap top but it might be worth a try to see if
anything is running at an unusually high temp.  Most of the sensors in my Desktop run in the mid 40
degree C range.  If "real  temp 3.70" isn't the right diagnostic for your unit a google search should
find one for you. I too am running Windows 7.

Dean VP
Snohomish, WA

If we can employ guards with guns to protect money, we can and should employ guards with guns to
protect people. Bernard Goldberg.