[AT] Flail mowers

Steve W. swilliams268 at frontier.com
Mon May 18 17:53:33 PDT 2015

David Bruce wrote:
> In this part of NC you usually see a tractor equipped with a flail mower
> and a underbelly mounted sickle mower. Rarely a rotary cutter these
> days. Some are contractors but I think local DOT employees mow the road
> banks of the back roads.
>
> David
> NW NC

The last sickle bar locally was the towns. That was replaced by a new
tractor with an articulated flail mounted in the middle. They also
bought a tow behind sweeper to replace the front mount they had. I liked
to old tractor and tried to bid on it but it went to someone inside the
crew...  It was an IH 404 utility with a belly mounted 7 foot sickle.
Ran good and wasn't abused because they didn't mow a lot.

--
Steve W.