[AT] O T calf in car

pga2 at BasicISP.net pga2 at BasicISP.net
Sat Mar 28 07:46:08 PDT 2015

Amen on progress, Ralph! Sometimes I wonder if it really is progress or
if it's rergression.

Phil in TX

--- alfg at sasktel.net wrote:

From: Ralph Goff <alfg at sasktel.net>
To: Antique tractor email discussion group <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Subject: Re: [AT] O T calf in car
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 18:52:10 -0600

I missed the 1940s and have only dim memories of the late fifties. But
the sixties are clear and just as some of you have said.
<snip>
I was thinking also today how the small towns have changed. Looking down
main street at the scant few vehicles parked. The one cafe/coffee shop
what normally would have a line of vehicles parked outside at 3:00 had
only one car today and I never saw another person on the street. Used to
be you would always meet someone at the post office to talk to but not
today.
No bank anymore so everybody either goes ten miles south to the next
town or does online banking. No rail line so no grain elevators with
their steady procession of single axle trucks coming in to unload grain.
Its good to remember those times and I wouldn't have missed them for
anything. Progress moves on and we can't stop it. We don't have to like
it though.

Ralph in Sask.