[AT] OT--- 800 IH plate planter

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sun Mar 29 17:44:07 PDT 2015

Finally got me a corn planter. IH 800, fairly early model. Was used last season. Bought it from area farmers I have known all my life. Should be field ready, but it is worn. I do have to make some repairs to the fertilizer system, they hadn’t been using that for a while, had pulled the fertilizer off the machine. I’ve been borrowing a 900 for the past 2 years, this appears to be a very similar machine. What do I need to check on this machine other than the obvious bearings and discs?
Are the row units essentially the same as the cyclo planters? I see some old welding to the planter frames, looks like stress cracks from no-till planting. For the few acres I’ll grow this machine should do nicely.

Thanks,
John Hall