[AT] Off-topic Operating Systems (was Re: Forum registration)

Howard Fleming hfleming at moosebird.net
Tue Mar 10 11:07:01 PDT 2015

On 03/09/2015 10:36 PM, Al Walker wrote:

> [...]

Yes, Novell networks are still around..... tho nothing like they used to
be (Thank you Microsoft and FUD.....)  If setup properly, they are very
stable and just run (on and on and on....).  Used to install and
maintain Novell Networks 2x up to the OES2 version. Exited that line of
work when my son was born (wanted him to know who I was other than the
person that showed up late at night and usually on weekends....).

(end of rant...:o).

Now called OES2, and running on top of SUSE as a service.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novell_Open_Enterprise_Server

Novell was bought by Attachmate a few years ago.

I started out running CP/M when I started, switched to dos when I got my
first 386 machine (Wyse 386). Switched to windows when 3.1 came out,
gave up on windows at about the time XP was released (got tired of
reloading my home machine every 6 months (or so) to clear out problems.
  Now running Linux at home.  Still supporting windows and macs at work
(office environment).

And I will stop while I am sort of ahead... <grin>.

Howard