[AT] Remembering

Steve W. swilliams268 at frontier.com
Mon Mar 2 18:45:13 PST 2015

Cecil R Bearden wrote:
> I would like to know hot to get rid of all the ads.  That Adchoices crap
> is really irritating.
>
> Cecil in oKla

OK  For folks who use Internet Explorer, Firefox or Chrome.
Go to - https://adblockplus.org/
It will give you the option to install whichever version you need.

When you install it you have a LOT of options. You can block ALL adds
or let "unobtrusive" ads through. There are a few "block lists" you can
add although the one that comes with it works well enough.

Once you install it 99.9% of ALL ads online will be gone, That includes
if you use online Email as well as any website you go to. You have the
option to let ads through on a site by site basis or to shut it off at will.

Some sites may have "features" that don't work correctly with it active
because of the way they wrote the site. For instance my local news
outfit (WKTV) has pictures and comment sections that don't show up with
adblock on, I just shut it off for that site.

--
Steve W.