[AT] Massey Harris

toma at risingnet.net toma at risingnet.net
Sun Mar 22 15:08:08 PDT 2015

On Sun, 22 Mar 2015, Vaughn Miller wrote:

> Hey Tyler,
>
> The 101 Senior had the F226 Continental

When I was a kid learning about tractors and engines flathead engines were
kind of considered old school. Overhead valves were considered the way to
go.
My first tractor back then was a Cletrac AG. It had the Hercules 4
cylinder which was a flathead. During the war years hercules could not
make enough engines so they put that Continental 225 int the A Cletracs
and they were called AG6.

I believe the 6 cyilinder Huricane engine they put in the Jeep picups was
a Continental. Didn't they put them in Taxi cabs too?

I learned new appreciation for flatheads with the 6 Cylinder Chrysler
Industrial in the Massey Combines. Smooth running but they did not
tolerate overheating very well then what engine does.