[AT] OT pocket knives

rlgoss at twc.com rlgoss at twc.com
Thu Jun 25 16:24:26 PDT 2015

I carry one that's made in Japan. Is that good, bad, or just indicates its approximate age?  LOL!  While this thread has been going one, I've been going through some old stuff in the garage/shop that needs to be down-sized.  I came across a Cattaraguagus hunting knife and sheath that I've had for over 60 years.  Bottom line on it is that this knife comes from the company that the Case brothers joined prior to when they started their own company.  I was going to just kinda unload it, but after doing some searches on-line have decided to let the grandsons decide among themselves how it should be disposed of. I always had the impression that it was of inferior quality because I never saw any other knives like it from the same company.  It turns out that they had a whole line of cutlery designed like it, but it was made close enough to the end of the company's production that I never saw another one like it.

Larry