[AT] Gas can rant

Dean Vinson dean at vinsonfarm.net
Wed Jul 29 20:09:18 PDT 2015

I have one of the No Spill 1.25-gallon cans for chainsaw gas, and it works
very well.  But the salesman at the hardware store was, in my opinion,
somewhat less statuesque than Jill.

For the gas tractors (IH Super M and JD 620) I use a very nice 6-gallon
new-old-stock vented plastic can acquired via eBay.  I also have one of the
new non-vented 5-gallon cans (but not the No Spill type) but quit using it
since it was such a pain.

I also have one of the new non-vented 5-gallon cans for diesel fuel for the
little Kubota, and it's a pain too but at least the fuel fill opening is
only a few feet off the ground so it's easy to balance the can without the
fumes being right in my face.  I'll try one of the venting options others
have mentioned.

Dean Vinson
Saint Paris, Ohio