[AT] Gas can rant

Thomas Mehrkam tmehrkam at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 22 12:22:29 PDT 2015

I will relate an experience I had with my dad.
We were clearing brush using an International H tractor and a log chain.
We would clear out an area, stack the brush then make a fire.
This was August in Texas about 100 degree in the shade.   Dad had a coffee can full of gas. He was hot and dehydrated and not thinking straight.  I was on the tractor watching him.  He poured the gas on the brush pile then knelt down and struck a match on the bottom of the can.

There was a bug whoosh and he stood up missing his eye brows and mustache.   I few first degree burns but other damage.
He could not believe he did that.