[AT] OT pocket knives

Recentjester at aol.com Recentjester at aol.com
Tue Jul 14 17:02:16 PDT 2015

just what I need to get my bearings (pun)

In a message dated 7/14/2015 6:23:16 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
charliehill at embarqmail.com writes:

I'll see  if I can find it.  I was trying to remember from almost 50
years ago  something we were taught in Engineering Graphics.
I can't remember the  details but there was a curve (sine curve or whatever)
drawn above the line  on a drawing sheet and somehow using drafting
instruments
we  transferred measurements from the curve to the area below the line
forming  another shape (maybe a straight line?) that represented the 1st
derivative  of
the curve.   Does that sound at all right?   I just  can't remember the
details.  I remember
at the time being somewhat  amazed at the process because of it's
simplicity
and  result.

Charlie