[AT] OT--foam marker for sprayers

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sat Jul 11 04:27:57 PDT 2015

Here is a follow up along with a huge thank you for all the input you guys
gave. I'm still working out a couple minor bugs/durability issues, but I've
sprayed about 50 acres so far with my sprayer and homemade foam marker. In a
nut shell here is how it works. Small 12 volt air compressor and a new 12
volt herbicide sprayer are mounted on top of the sprayer. I put the
compressor inside a small plastic box to protect it---drilled lots of holes
for air flow. The air and liquid are pumped in separate lines to almost the
end of the boom. Here each one goes through individual check valves before
going though a Y then into a solenoid. Just past the solenoid is an
accumulation/mixing chamber. The now air/liquid mix blows out through an
aquarium air stone and accumulates in the large PVC adapter. There is a
piece of screen wire to make the foam accumulate.

Got to send 2 emails due to size limit

John Hall