[AT] Out with the new, in with the old

rlgoss at twc.com rlgoss at twc.com
Sat Jan 17 08:27:41 PST 2015

There's a reason for the lack of identification, Steve.  Many of them are plug-compatible and functionally identical, so you don't need that special John Deere item that costs a mint.  The companies would prefer that you not realize that.  Bottom line: A 12 volt relay is a 12 volt relay regardless of its actual use, and the multi-pin computer that controls the operation of your modern tractor is an off-the-shelf item that has NOT been specially manufactured for a particular application.  Some of the hardware on tractors may actually fit on upwards of 200 different models across various brands where the only differences are in the "dash numbers" that tell what color the paint is.

Larry