[AT] Tire chains

Herb Metz metz-h.b at comcast.net
Thu Jan 15 21:51:39 PST 2015

Farmer, I remember that.............because my reply/response was "when I
was growing up on the farm in KS, Dad would get concerned about when to
start cutting wheat.  Without fail, a neighbor who had the other half
section (of that square mile), would be the first to start cutting, causing
Dad to really get itchy. Normally two or three wheat harvesting days later,
Dad would start harvest. And the wheat was just now ripe enough.  Quite
often, a week or two later, our neighbor would be hauling wheat to town
elevators; it was getting hot and he had to get rid of it".
For those unfamiliar with above: weather storms (hail, wind, rain) can
destroy a crop of ripe wheat in a few minutes; a mild rain will swell the
wheat berry, then the sun will dry and shrink the berry, now the wheat
kernel is loose in the dried shell/hull, and a slight wind will blow the
entire head to and from and the kernel may fall from the dried shell/hull.
Farmer, Barbara and I are enthused to know of your feeling better.
Herb(GA)