[AT] Red tractor day

Cecil R Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sat Jan 3 10:45:23 PST 2015

I second that need for a windbreak.  I live on one of the highest hills
in the County, and the wind generators are popping up all around.  There
was one of those Bois D'Arc windbreaks about 200 ft East of my house
when I built it 30 years ago.   Dad had the county tear it out since it
was in the fence line at the road.  The first winter you could tell the
difference even though it was so far away.  The dust form the road just
fogged every time a car passed.  Even though all the trees were gone,
the roots would still surface and start a new tree. Last summer, I had a
water leak from one of those roots growing into a coupling on the water
line to the house.   We have had 3 leaks like this.  It is sorta like a
horror movie the way they never die off....

Cecil in okla