[AT] Red tractor day

Ron Cook ron at lakeport-1.com
Sat Jan 3 09:58:13 PST 2015

Dean certainly did find a very good place.  While I certainly do agree
that the hedge row needs some "straightening up",  dozing it out would
be the wrong thing to do.  I would bet it was planted so as to provide a
wind break for the pasture and perhaps the building site.  Of course, us
that live where the wind blows understand this.  Around here, the folks
move out from the urban area to a farm building site so as to enjoy
"country living".   They tear out all the windbreaks and the old groves,
replace with landscaped grass and fancy looking trees, pave the
driveway, insist the county pave the gravel road in front of their
place, then bitch about the high cost of gas and electricity to heat and
cool their homes.  I am not even going to touch on the very expensive
utility tractors for lawn care and such.

I do not have enough property to grow a nice hedge along my West and
North property lines where it is needed.  I could, however, park a bunch
of TD-18 or TD-24 crawlers in a line.:-)
Ron Cook
Salix, IA