[AT] out with the old

Edchainsaw at aol.com Edchainsaw at aol.com
Sun Jan 18 17:51:26 PST 2015

this past summer I was using my 32yr old  852 New Holland baler when  it
exploded --  bracket that hold the idlers on the back for the main  bale
chains metal fatigued and that was that...

I was in the middle of a field and me, dad and the land owner had paid for
a trip to the Corvette Sink hole the next morning.

We called our Dealer and he had a used baler we could use,  one of  those
little things  4x4 I think it is. In 1 hour he had it up to me and I
finnished the field , but then the pricing began...   fix a 32 yr  old baler. that
just broke chains, idler shaft, radles and who knows what else,  or price a
newer used baler.

He had a bigger used baler, It had more bales on it than my  852.   That
4x4 was just to small, and it was  20,000,    Next option was New Holland is
changing balers  this winter so old inventory is reduced...  the 5x6 baler
BRAND NEW was  36,000!   FOR 7 HEAD   NO  WAY!...     well the OLD used 4x6
was 28,000???

I now have  a loan for a baler.....   and I still have the  852 in the shed
because NO ONE WANTS THAT THING...  I like  the old  baler a whole lot, and
my cows like it better too... they have a time with the  tight newer balers
hay.
I did see something encouraging the other day:   a 3 yr old baler  the same
as this new one for 35,000 lol