[AT] OT--foam marker for sprayers

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sun Jan 11 19:17:53 PST 2015

Thanks for all the replies!

Greg, was the mixing chamber located at the end of the boom? From what I can
tell it appears the markers for ag sprayers generate the foam at the end of
the boom. I found out a today a friend has one of these on his sprayer, I'm
going to try to go look at it next Sat. He said his gravity flowed the foam
solution? I'm determined to figure this out! I may wind up just buying the
end units with a mixing chamber. If I didn't need to spend money elsewhere,
I'd love to just buy a light bar, those things are sweet!

Len, the plans you see on line are pretty much what I'm doing. It works
pretty good if you use a large enough hose. Too small of hose and you can
build up enough pressure to explode something, one guy did rupture his tank.
I've noticed some of the "store-bought" models even have a pop off valve
like a compressor. I did pick up an aquarium stone yesterday to see if it
would help make foam faster. There is another one on-line that the guy used
a 5 gallon bucket. He had to screw the lid on. He used a really short hose
since he was only marking the tractors center. Used the top of a soda bottle
for an accumulator.

Farmer, I played around trying to make a manifold with a screen for a few
minutes yesterday. Its not working yet, need to rethink how I set it up.

John