[AT] Welding Advice

Steve W. swilliams268 at frontier.com
Tue Feb 10 13:07:14 PST 2015

Mike wrote:
> Steve, the problem I'm having with the Hobart 110 welder, is lack of
> penetration.  Generally, all I do is puddle weld on the surface without
> biting into the item being welded to.
>
> Mike M

Well as we get older...  OH you meant the welder :-)

What are you welding and what do you have the machine set at?
That machine should be able to handle 3/16" clean steel without an issue.

Polarity correct? If it was set up as a gas unit and you are using it
with flux core the polarity has to be changed. If it's backwards it will
lay a pretty bead on top but with no penetration.

Normally flux core runs hotter than the same wire as a solid.

--
Steve W.