[AT] off topic, Internet takeover by govt ?

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Sun Feb 1 09:02:43 PST 2015

an article in our local paper yesterday stated that Obama has once
again acted by executive order.  He has decreed that builders
here on the coast must raise the level of new construction 2 feet above
the 100 year flood plain or alternatively build at or above the 500 year
flood plain.  He has decreed this because he believes the sea levels are
rising at an alarming rate and of course "congress will do nothing about
it."

I've lived in this coastal county for 64 years.  The ocean, sound and river
levels
are the same now as they were when I became old enough to observe such
things.
Believe me when you live only a few feet above sea level you notice such
things
early in life. That decree (if allowed to stand) just put our entire farm
into the
mandatory flood insurance zone and probably decreased any future development
value of the farm by hundreds if not thousands if dollars an and increased
the
cost to construct on that land by $10 a SF or more.

All of that just because his handlers want it that way.

Charlie