[AT] Oil dry / Rural King / And even more O.T. stuff

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sat Feb 28 17:57:09 PST 2015

We always tried to demo at capacity. It quickly became work! I had an uncle
that even in his mid 60's could pitch a big fork full of hay into a baler on
every stroke. You better have you act together tying wires!

I always loved demonstrating my Papec silage cutter. We pulled it with my
12-20 Case. We only had 2 joints of pipe and had cut the curved discharge
chute so that it blew out at 90 degrees--we could blow the silage into the
woods that way. Me and a buddy were chucking bundles of corn into the
machine about as hard as we could go. That Case was barking like it was
having almost as much fun as we were.

Dad's thresher, I think it is about a 22 inch cylinder, doesn’t have a
blower, it has a conveyor (PO used to drop the straw into a New Holland
baler). I love pitching bundles hard with the heads riding on the tails of
the previous one, makes my Titan shout.

Its amazing that what you can run through this old equipment in a matter of
a few minutes took you well over an hour to load!

John Hall