[AT] was oil dry now Congratulations to Chuck and cold weather ramble

Cecil R Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Wed Feb 25 04:39:20 PST 2015

Congratulations Chuck
This is our 35th Anniv. this year.  Welcome back to the sunny South.  I
don't remember where in TX you are, but it is pretty much cold anywhere
around here in OK.  We got 4 inches of snow on Monday afternoon.  It was
nearly gone yesterday afternoon. The afternoon it gets up to 50deg, then
after 9pm, the bottom falls out of the thermometer.   Now we have to get
ready for the next wave of cold.  This one has some freezing rain in the
prediction for Sunday night..   I am thankful for the Belarus tractors I
have to feed cattle with.  They are 24V start and the engine is just
built for cold weather starting.  The older one has 5W-30 oil and fires
off a little faster than the newer one with 15W-50 oil.  The cab heaters
don't work, but they are 4WD with a loader.   I got some electric
insoles for my boots and one of those Dewalt electric coats, so all I
have to worry about is a fogged windshield in the cab and the battery in
my coat and insoles going dead.  Ther eis a connection to the Cigarette
lighter outlet, but I get in and out several times to cut the bale
wrap.  The Battery for my caot works on my insoles.  Now I just need to
get "wired for sound".

You guys in the frozen North probably think us Okies are just wimps, but
when you get used to 100+ deg summers, 10 deg is really cold.  With the
nerve problems I have, I can't tell when my feet are freezing until it
is too late...  Oh well,

Cecil in OKla

On 2/24/2015 2:22 PM, Indiana Robinson wrote:
> Congratulations Chuck. Onward and upward... Always keep moving forward.

---