[AT] Welding Advice

Jim Thomson macowboy at comcast.net
Sun Feb 22 07:34:30 PST 2015

I have been on satins since my late 30's after my Dad died. His cardiologist
wanted to check me out and found my cholesterol numbers were high. I went on
a very strict diet, lost weight and exercised. My numbers went up anyway. I
went on a low does of Lipitor and my numbers went to normal. They have been
this way for 18 years. When switching jobs our insurance changed and the
Lipitor was not covered. Tired many other satins and felt like some one
worked me over with a ball peen hammer.  I went back to a generic Lipitor
and all is well. I have had long discussions about the benefits vs problems
with satins. The benefits far out weigh the problems. The data is there to
support the claims. I also just found out that I have Type II diabetes last
March. I was not overweight, don't smoke or drink. My doctor told me that it
was not your lifestyle, but the combination of genetics and exposure to
certain viruses that caused this. I am controlling the diabetes with diet
very well. My PhD friend has found an article that has found a very strong
correlation with the randomness of cancer and heart disease. The summary of
the article stated that 2/3 of all cancer is due to random causes. If I can
get him to send me the link I will post it.

Jim Thomson
Rehoboth, MA 02769