[AT] now Heart concerns

Don Bowen don.bowen at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 21 13:59:35 PST 2015

On 2/21/2015 3:05 PM, Dave Rotigel wrote:
> I always liked the doctor I had years ago. His first question was ALWAYS "Are you still smoking 4 packs of Pall Malls a day?" I would answer "Yes", and he would mutter "a$$hole", amd then go on with the yearly exam. Best doctor I ever had, and he now, has retired.

My father died at 52 and never got to see any of his grand kids.  He was
a heavy smoker and an alcoholic.  His brother died at 52, also a heavy
smoker but not a drinker.  His other two brothers lived into their 70s
and 80s, neither smoked.  His non smoking sisters lived into their 90s.
My mother died at 92,she never smoked.  Her sister and brother died in
their 70s, both smoked.

I quit in my late 20s and will be 69 next month with no heart or lung
problems.  My brother is an alcoholic and has all sorts of problems.
His wife was a heavy smoker and now has COPD and is a short step from
dragging around an oxygen bottle.  Every time I see someone dragging
around oxygen I want to ask them "Were all those years smoking worth it?"

As I see it smoking is stupid.

--
Don Bowen           AD0NB
"A man must keep a little back shop where he can be himself without reserve. In solitude alone can he know true freedom."