[AT] now Heart concerns

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sat Feb 21 07:34:31 PST 2015

On 2/21/2015 9:01 AM, Herb Metz wrote:
> Dan, I have been playing that 'high cholesterol game' since mid 1990's; I
> certainly agree with you in wondering WHO. We are the pawns. I have wanted
> to ask Stephen Offiler for more info as to his apparent difference of
> opinion on preventive heart care that he briefly mentioned a couple weeks
> ago.
> About the only thing every 'health authority' agrees on is the need to stay
> active; I can remember a conversation from late fortys when Dad and a cousin
> were discussing health care. Dad noted that doctors 'used to' tell recently
> retired people to sit back and relax and enjoy life because they had worked
> hard all their life and now should take it easy, but unfortunately those
> people were buried a few years later, so doctors had recently quit telling
> people that.  They are learning more every day; unfortunately every thing
> must be approved by Big Pharma and by AMA (who has huge bunch of lobbyists).
> Herb(GA)
Information (facts?) seem to keep changing as time passes. Good/bad
cholesterol? Eat dairy and eggs? First no, then yes.
They keep changing the rules.
I had relatives who worked hard with plenty of manual labour (cutting
firewood) all their lives, were not overweight or
  smokers, died of heart attacks in their seventies.
Result, I eat as much of whatever I want and don't worry about it.

Ralph in Sask.