[AT] Welding Advice

Mike meulenms at gmx.com
Tue Feb 10 16:26:44 PST 2015

I think I'm going to just have to spend some time practicing with it, I
am jealous of people who can fabricate things and lay down a perfect
bead. A few months back my wife's horse spooked and ripped an aluminum
U-Bolt off the trailer, it had been surface welded at the factory, and
it came off cleanly the welds stuck to the U-bolt and not the trailer. I
happened to see a sign posted on different street corners for a guy that
did mobile welding of all types. He came out and TIG welded it back on;
his welding job was a thing of beauty, far surpassing the factories job.

Mike M