[AT] off topic, Internet takeover by govt ?

pga2 at BasicISP.net pga2 at BasicISP.net
Wed Feb 4 13:25:17 PST 2015

Here in Texas we have an annual state inspection of all vehicles operated
on public roads. It requires proof of insurance to get it done, as well
as to get license plates. Starting next month, the inspection and regis-
tration stickers will be combined. In major metropolitan areas, there
has been a tailpipe test in place since about 1982. Most vehicles pass
this fairly easily. In the rest of the state it is basically just a safety
inspection and a check to see that the factory emissions equipment is
still in place. The check engine light must not be on in order to pass.

Phil in TX

--- alfg at sasktel.net wrote:

From: Ralph Goff <alfg at sasktel.net>
To: Antique tractor email discussion group <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Subject: Re: [AT] off topic, Internet takeover by govt ?
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2015 19:21:03 -0600

That is true and might save the farm machinery but the day might not be
far off when a vehicle inspection becomes mandatory to renew the
registration. Maybe an emissions test too? I think that might already be
in effect in some states or provinces. We are a little behind the times
here as I had no problem registering my 59 IH pickup last summer and it
had not been registered since the mid 1980s. No inspection required.

Ralph in Sask.
On 2/1/2015 1:50 PM, Mike wrote