[AT] off topic, need help on new parts chasing truck.

Cecil R Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sun Feb 1 05:30:40 PST 2015

Ralph:
I had a 53 Plymouth w/ flathead 6 that stuck the valve on the back cyl.
In getting it unstuck, I bent the valve stem below the valve head.  When
it finally unstuck, I rotated the piston where the valve was to be
seated, and took a hammer & Punch and drove the valve into the seat to
straighten the valve.  It has ran fine ever since.  I have the utmost
respect for the old flathead 6 Chrysler engines.  I grew up with them in
Massey combines.  I was the helper small enough to set the valves on the
combine.  I also am amazed at the reliability of the old Chrysler slant
6 industrial engine.  I have some of them from old John Deere  and
Hesston Swathers.
The old flathead Chrylser 6 engines were great on the racing circuit in
my early days.  If you over revved then, the exhaust valve on #6 would
float and hit he spark plug and slow the engine down.  It was really
hard to over rev  a Chrysler 6 !!

I have one in a 30 ton P&H crane.  It has a 4cyl Chrysler industrial on
the Crane and a 6 on the Truck..

Cecil in OKla