[AT] Merry Christmas

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Sat Dec 26 17:15:21 PST 2015

When I was a boy we had one tobacco barn that was an old log barn.
Every few years the cracks between the logs had to be dobbed or at least
that is what I thought my dad was saying.  He'd mix up some clay and sand
and lime or maybe cement into a muddy consistency and get me and one of
my friends to get up in the tier poles of the barn and throw the mud at
spots
where we saw light leaking in.   Now I realize that he was saying that the
barn had to be daubed.   I'm guessing that is where that little wasp we
call a dirt dauber got his name.

Charlie