[AT] Merry Christmas

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sat Dec 26 08:24:58 PST 2015

On 12/26/2015 9:17 AM, rlgoss at twc.com wrote:
>   I should know better than to work on line after a big meal -- I remembered the name of this construction wrong.  It's called Wattle and Daub. There are some excellent articles on-line about it.
>

> Larry
Hi Larry
I've heard that term used for building construction. This barn was built
by and for my great Uncle about 1905 so it has stood up well.
Poplar logs stood vertical. Those end walls had a layer of thin willows
nailed diagonally to help tie them together and a layer of
almost like stucco or cement applied over that. Quite amazing to have
endured our harsh climate in Sask. built of all local material.

Ralph in Sask.